What is biblical counseling?
Biblical counseling is utilizing the power of God to achieve the purposes of God. Biblical counseling provides hope for change through the Bible and the working of the Holy Spirit in the lives of Christian people.
What kind of counseling is offered?
Biblical counseling is available for any problem you may be facing—marriage, parenting, divorce issues, addictions, disorders, depression, fear, worry, anger, grief, etc. Our counseling is based on God’s Truth as found in the Bible.
What are the fees for counseling?
CCLV does not charge for counseling. This is a ministry done out of love for Christ and for people.
What are your hours of operation?
Phone hours are from 8:30 am to 5pm. Counseling hours vary and are dependent upon when the counselor and the counselee can set a time to meet, but no later than 5pm. How do I make an appointment? You may call 702.362.9000 and leave a message and the counselor administrator will get back with you to set up an appointment.
What if I miss an appointment?
We ask that appointments be canceled 24 hours in advance except in the case of emergencies. This will allow time slots for others who wish to come in for counseling. How long are appointments? Each session is approximately one hour long and can continue as long as six weeks. Our goal is not to commit to long term counseling but to disciple those being counseled and encourage them to get involved in other areas of ministry such as Men’s Ministry or Women’s Ministry.
Who are the counselors?
CCLV counselors are pastors and other qualified individuals trained in biblical counseling.
What will be expected of me?
Your counselor will expect at least three things from you. First, that you will have a willingness to grow and change, second, that you will attend weekly sessions and third, that you will complete homework assignments that ensure lasting change.
Counseling General Policies for counselees to know prior to meeting:
- Everything will be held in strict confidence except where, in the counselor’s judgment, there is a biblical requirement to involve others.
- Counseling is based on Biblical principles. None of the counselors are licensed as psychotherapists.
- Men do not counsel women one-on-one, and women do not counsel men one-on-one.
- Biblical counseling is a ministry so we can offer it free of charge; however, we ask that you be faithful to the time you commit to providing a minimum of 24-hour’s notice if cancellation is necessary.
- All formal counseling is done at the church.
- By accepting counseling by Calvary Chapel Las Vegas (CCLV) the counselee agrees to commit to the counseling by being faithful to a regular schedule of worship, studying and completion of homework assignments, and being honest and open.
What Should the Counselee Expect from the Church Counseling Ministry?
Prior to first session, counselee is asked to come in 10 minutes early to read and sign a CCLV Biblical Counseling Intake & Waiver Form (see Forms to right). Follow-up appointments will be established at the end of session. Meeting agendas will typically follow this format:
- Open with prayer.
- The counselee verbalizes the problem, need concern, etc.
- Through a process of dialogue, “major” issues are brought forth.
- The Pastor/counselor will begin to teach, correct, and train in righteousness as the Holy Spirit convicts the heart of the counseled.
- Assign reading homework (if applicable).
- Close in prayer.